The Road to Success | Teen Ink

The Road to Success

By mirandablack16 SILVER, Newton, North Carolina
mirandablack16 SILVER, Newton, North Carolina

"Boldness be my friend." -Shakespeare

You won't experience your dreams by wishing on star. You just gotta make it happen all on your own. The Road to Success isn't straight. There is a curve called failure, a loop called confusion, speed bumps called friends, red lights called enemies, caution lights called family, & there'll be flat tires called jobs, but if you have a spare called determination & an engine called perseverance, you're good to go. Some may say even faith and hope play a part, too. But don't believe in luck. Stay away from the bad crowds and keep your head held high, because there's gonna be a hundred billion things trying to cause a crash & it'll happen every once in a while.
Just remember that there's always someone waiting to see you crash & even though there's gonna be someone there to pick up all the spare pieces, don't rely on that. Act as if you have no one. Fly through the obstacles and keep going; don't stop! Love will always find a way into your life, but it won't rule your life. Never show your weaknesses, never take anything for granted, but don't accept help every time. Everything happens for a reason. And when you feel like everything is against you, stand up brush off the dirt, & walk away. Don't shed a tear & definitely don't spend your life trying to "find yourself," because life isn't about finding yourself. It's about creating yourself.
Live life to the fullest & never give up, because it'll make a big difference when it really matters. (:

I wrote this, because I believe all this is true. Everything in it is. It's how I get through the day!