The Move | Teen Ink

The Move

By StephanieY BRONZE, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania
StephanieY BRONZE, Glen Mills, Pennsylvania

I was in the 3rd grade, I loved my school, teachers, and all my friends I knew I could easily say to them every day "Hey!" or "Hey nice to see you!!!". Then I found out we were moving, luckly in the same state P.A, but our new house was a half and hour away. I was heartbroken, didn't know what to say or what to do, I didn't want to leave all my memories behind and make new ones someplace else! I told my classmates and teacher the news my friends were begging me not to go, telling me I could stay here but I already knew the answer I didn't want to hear, no. We moved in the summer of 2007 to a little neighborhood. My new neighborhood was in the shaped of a upside down U, same as my old neighborhood. It was a nice house but it's not one that I would want to live in. I went into the house to see what it was like all empty before we put our belongings
into it, and I felt sad because my family and I were going to live in a new house, with new neighbors, and were going to have a new life. When the movers came my family and I started to put boxes into our house and then some girl, way older than me came and said "Hi are you the new girl!" and I replied "uhh...Yeah I am the new girl. Why?" Then the girl said "Because I wanted to know If you wanted to play?" I didn't want to, not because I was shy, but because I wanted to unpack and see my new room and just take everything in that was happening. I said "Hold on let me ask my mom" So I walked over to my mom and asked her if I could hang out with one of our neighbors, my mom said "Yes you can go play, just come back in a little" I said "Mom, but I don't really want too though." I ended up hanging out with her, my mom thought it would be good for me to meet a new friend. The girl told me her name was Olivia, I told her my name, Stephanie. She took me to the house next to me, on the right. There was a little girl about 6 years old named Erica, a little boy named Richard, a older girl named Sarah, about 15 years old, a girl the same age as me named Holli, and a older boy named David who was about 14 years old. I found out other people of the neighborhood there was no more kids just adults and some elderly people too. Also the older kids named Sarah and David were brother and sister, and the girls Erica and Holli were sisters. I had to go home about a hour and a half later, the girl that asked me to play, Olivia, asked if I wanted to hang out with her, Holli, and Erica. I said " Sure, come by my house sometime tomorrow and we can hang out together." When Olivia came I was already dressed and ready to see if I was making any friendships at all at this new neighborhood of mine. Olivia and I walked up to Holli and Erica's house and started talking about all sorts of things, what we like to do, where did I come from, and much more. Holli and Erica were shy but I understood because I was new what would she say to a new girl? After a long day of playing with Olivia, Holli, and Erica, I went home feeling tired but happy because I knew that my best friends were Holli and Erica. All I remember from here on is that me, Holli, and Erica did everything together and can talk about anything together!!! Olivia, Sarah, Richard, and David never really became my friends I just didn't talk to them because I had my friends to talk to. Olivia I learned was annoying, Holli told me stories of how she bugged her so much. She started to annoy me too, wouldn't leave you alone, had mean parents that made you be nice to her, and she thought we all were best friends, which was 100% not true at all. It's September 14, 2011 Holli, Erica and I are still best friends we got in arguments alot! In a week, best friends again!!! Now our friendship is strong and we never get into arguments. I am still sad I moved away from all my friends and my house, but Holli and Erica make that all clear out of my mind. I am glad they are my friends, my best friends forever and ever!!!!! I find it ironic, a person that I hate (Olivia) introduced me to my best friends, it's funny how things work out that way.

"Friends Foreva"

thank you sooo much!!!=) and really thats cool and weird lol! and same when i moved here erica was in first grade! and yeah i hated tis girl and she let me meet my new friends..so thanks olivia lol!

imawriter said...

This was a very intresting article for me considering the fact that I live in PA too and i know a Holli, Erica, and SArah who all live in the same neighborhood. i know that they are different people beacause Erica and Holli (the ones I know) are not sisters, and Sarah is the same age as the other two. My friend Erica would have been eight in 2007.

I liked your writing..and i have been through a similar situation. 

i am sorry i dont know why it has those quotes there i will ask teen n=ink about this problem