Just a Dream | Teen Ink

Just a Dream

July 14, 2011
By whitstar27 GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
whitstar27 GOLD, Edison, New Jersey
15 articles 0 photos 38 comments

Favorite Quote:
when life gives you lemons, make grape juice. Then step back and let the world wonder how you did it
and
when life gives you lemon, throw them back at life


I had a dream once. I wanted to grow up and be a famous singer. I still kind of dream that. It's like music is my way of communicating. It's how I express my feelings. For some reason lyrics are just easier than conversation.
Have you ever heard a song that didn't just touch you? You literally felt it in your heart. That's what I wanted to do. Write songs with meaning. Sing songs with more than just passion. Singing is my thing. When I am happy, I sing. When I am upset, I sing. When I am bored, I sing. It comes so natural to me. It’s like eating; if I don’t get my daily dose of singing each day, I actually feel sick.
People don't always realize that songs are more than just notes. Songs are more than just a combination of instruments, and sometimes singing. Songs are alive. There are songs that are happy, yet there are songs that make you want to cry. Whatever the song is, a piece of that song's creator's soul is in it. That's why songs are often so easy to relate to.
I remember the first time I really performed. To say I was scared is an understatement. I was really nervous, but in a good way. This was a chance to show the world who I really was. Holding the microphone gave me energy. Singing the song gave me fulfillment and a sense of accomplishment. I also came to the realization that singing is my true love.
Sometimes, I would get upset and convince myself to quit singing. But when you are truly in love with something, it is impossible to break up with it. So unsurprisingly, I am still singing. I share a bond with singing that is stronger than marriage. It’s as much a part of me as my heart and soul are. Maybe, I still dream to be a singer. Maybe this isn't just a dream. Singing is my reality. Singing is my future.


The author's comments:
I want people to understsnd and relate to how I feel.