The Time I Went Beyond My Potential | Teen Ink

The Time I Went Beyond My Potential

By coolstudygirl GOLD, Vermilion, Ohio
coolstudygirl GOLD, Vermilion, Ohio

In freshmen year of high school we had to do this travel project which we chose three different countries to visit under a $10000 budget. My original project was a poster board with three countries and three different destinations for each. I chose Ireland, Scotland, and England. But, when it was due I looked at the people who created powerpoints and I was in amazement on how beautiful and organized their's were. So I decided to change my project around. But I didn't know that I would change my project so much.

The day that it was due was the first day of the Vancouver Olympics and I really didn't care about it then. So I just worked on my project converting it to a powerpoint. After I was done with that I played a game or two. And remembering that when I got home I heard about some guy in a fatal accident from somewhere which I really didn't care about. Then the next day I was "forced" to watch the Olympics. I kind of enjoyed it but still I played games and watched Disney Channel. Then the next day Sunday we watched a little luge on tv. I never heard of Luge before I only heard of bobsled so I was kind of into it and stuff. So I went on the Vancouver Olympics Official website and on there I discovered that the dude who was in the fatal accident died and stuff. So I was like wow and I looked at the article and everything and after that I played games. Then somehow in the middle of the night I decided to do a tribute to him for my presentation.

So the next day Monday, I didn't have school so I started working on it and I choose Georgia, Canada, and Ireland for my project. I looked at a tour for each country and put them as my powerpoint. It was fifty slides long and I chose a cool and interesting background for each slide, and added very cool text but it was all still readable.

Then at school when I presented my presentation I couldn't read most of the Georgian stuff but did well on the rest of my project. When I got my grade I had a 100% on it.

The reason why I told this story is because in one day I came up with a presentation, went online to find good tours, found 50 pictures for my backgrounds, and found cool text to put in my presentation. While waiting to watch some of the sports also. I never knew that I could do that much in one day until that day.

I loved doing this report.