Every 15 Minutes | Teen Ink

Every 15 Minutes

March 10, 2011
By mindymax GOLD, Armona, California
mindymax GOLD, Armona, California
10 articles 0 photos 80 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The whole world looked drunk, and I liked it that way." - Rebeca Godfrey, book title"The Torn skirt"


Today on March 10, 2011 i died in an alcohol related death ,i was a victim and was not drinking, i was innocent and yet i died. i was involved of course in the 'Every 15 minutes' program in Hanford West high School and my death was staged among 30 others in the program, the cars in an actual previous accident were posted in front of the school including those who were involved with the actual theatrics were bloody and put in body bags . it was very surreal it shook my entire body knowing i was getting myself involved in this , but i think of those who are so arrogant and naive to think that such a tragedy can never happen to them,well this program is a constant reminder that every one can be a victim, can die ,and can charged with murder.i look around and so many of my peers are treating the situation as a sick joke, laughing of the blood and deaths as if it will never truly affect them, i understand that the staged accident is extremely dramatized but still in a way real situation have looked worse and were fatal.i respect those who are genuinely hurt when finding out their loved ones are dead and i am sorry for those who have truly lost some one in an alcohol related accident i wish nothing but the best for them and hope that the program aides them to spread the word of the every 15 minutes program.
Good-bye and god bless


The author's comments:
i was really honored that i was able to participate in this program and hope we've inspired and informed many.