Every 15 Minutes | Teen Ink

Every 15 Minutes

By mindymax GOLD, Armona, California
mindymax GOLD, Armona, California

"The whole world looked drunk, and I liked it that way." - Rebeca Godfrey, book title"The Torn skirt"

Today on March 10, 2011 i died in an alcohol related death ,i was a victim and was not drinking, i was innocent and yet i died. i was involved of course in the 'Every 15 minutes' program in Hanford West high School and my death was staged among 30 others in the program, the cars in an actual previous accident were posted in front of the school including those who were involved with the actual theatrics were bloody and put in body bags . it was very surreal it shook my entire body knowing i was getting myself involved in this , but i think of those who are so arrogant and naive to think that such a tragedy can never happen to them,well this program is a constant reminder that every one can be a victim, can die ,and can charged with murder.i look around and so many of my peers are treating the situation as a sick joke, laughing of the blood and deaths as if it will never truly affect them, i understand that the staged accident is extremely dramatized but still in a way real situation have looked worse and were fatal.i respect those who are genuinely hurt when finding out their loved ones are dead and i am sorry for those who have truly lost some one in an alcohol related accident i wish nothing but the best for them and hope that the program aides them to spread the word of the every 15 minutes program.
Good-bye and god bless

i was really honored that i was able to participate in this program and hope we've inspired and informed many.

mindymax GOLD said...
mindymax GOLD, Armona, California

i bet you will im just a junior and i got chosen!

but make sure what you are getting yourself into

i cried infront of people i didnt even know!

heroesfan1 said...
heroesfan1, Hanford, California

All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.
Walt Disney

I agree with you mindy. :) I wish to be apart of this program when i am a senior.

mindymax GOLD said...
mindymax GOLD, Armona, California

this was such an eye opener ,i hope to read some of your experiences if you were involved in this program