"Christmas music is good!" | Teen Ink

"Christmas music is good!"

By Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts
Palrice8 PLATINUM, Lynn, Massachusetts

"Face the downs and be grateful for the ups." - David Archuleta

It was back in November 2009, and I was going to through a lot. It was my first year of high school and lots of things were taking a turn for the worst. There were many days where I'd just skip school and stay home alone all day, while my mom was at work and my sister was at school. During those days, I'd mostly blare Christmas music and clean the house. David Archuleta's Christmas album, Christmas From The Heart, had come out, and Christmas music was already playing on the radio, so I'd listen to it.

As time went on, I eventually left school and my mom started homeschooling me. I was still stressed with the new, huge change in my life, going from going to school everyday to doing school at home. My mom would still work at least one day a week, because it was the holiday season. Those days she'd work, I'd, once again, clean the house and blare Christmas music.

One night, I watched one of David Archuleta's video blogs, where he was talking about the release of his Christmas album. He talked about how much he loves Christmas music, and said "Christmas music is good!" The second he said that, I realized what listening to Christmas music was doing for me. It was making me happy. It was taking my mind off of everything else that was going on.

So thank you David Archuleta for making me realize that. I now love Christmas music more than ever. Not just David's, but all Christmas music.

Awwwww, I love this <3 David's helped so many people in so many ways.