Moving on | Teen Ink

Moving on

By Chitra.I PLATINUM, Dubai, Other
Chitra.I PLATINUM, Dubai, Other

Everything makes sense if you think too much about it.

This is the city I've lived in all my life. I know nothing for sure, out of this city. I know no one out of this city. I have no one out there I can call my own. Or even someone I know well.
I want out of this city. This city chokes me. This city has nothing more to offer. I'm bored of this place.
This city is where I grew up, where all my memories are concentrated. It's where I made friends, fell in love, became a writer, laughed, cried and did everything else that I'm going to look back at, in one of those visions that people say they have when they are older. This place is all I will remember.
There is no adventure here. I can randomly start walking blindfolded, and then look around after taking off the blindfold, and know exactly where I am. There is no place left unseen.
I can never get lost in this city. This city is the haven that people look for, where I could be comfortable roaming around in my pyjamas.
Getting out of this city will be like a breath of fresh air. Something new to inspire is waiting for me. New weather. New seasons. A new life.
The winds of this city are familiar. I'm used to the heat on my skin, that I don't even get tanned with. I'm used to the smells, the fumes, the sandy breeze.
I look out of the window, eyes glazed with tears, at the aeroplanes near the one I was seated in. As the plane takes off, I see all I've ever known, being left behind. I feel ungrateful. I feel relieved. I'm happy. I'm sad.
I'm gone.

A conflict I feel like I've known all my life.

Tess said...
~(to the dungeon dweller who seems to be actually living in dungeons- which i must say is shocking in itself- without internet access to contact certain other ppl ) yay ... someone FiNaLy noticed my existence

ShivaniRaina SILVER, Nicosia, Other

If, with the literate, I am
Impelled to try an epigram,
I never seek to take the credit;
We all assume that Oscar said it.
--Dorothy Parker, referring to Oscar Wilde

1.) Tessa- haha!

2.) I wish I had some place I could call 'my own'. Some place where I'd lived long enough to get sick of. :)

I almost envy you.:O

Chitra.I PLATINUM, Dubai, Other

VERY, VERY practical. I am so proud. =P

I am not miserable about this place...entirely. That's what the problem is. If I knew for sure that I hated this place, it wouldn't be a conflict.

Oh, well.

Tess said...

wish ther wer somethin i cud do to make u feel a lil less miserable about this place .... but ther isnt much i can do .... actually ther is .. i cud like rework the entire structure of this city n make it alot more exciting ... yea totally possible

i know im very practical :P