Empty People | Teen Ink

Empty People

By matticus SILVER, Port St. Lucie, Florida
matticus SILVER, Port St. Lucie, Florida

"Man is born to trouble as the sparks fly upward."

I see those looks your all throwing me. Eyes like yours hold a heavy weight so don’t bother trying to hide them from me. I can feel them crawling across me, looking through me or trying to at least. Its not as easy as you thought it would be to find out who I am though, is it? Prying and pushing. Ripping and sifting. Digging for something but for what? I’m not hiding anything. Not intentionally. Just ask your empty questions. Get the answers you so desperately seek and then leave me alone. Fill that cavernous space inside of you. Fill it up with all the things you can’t have. Stitch together a soul of stolen dreams and broken promises. Laugh at me. Patronize me. Fight me. Your never going to hurt me though. I’ll never give you the satisfaction. I will never help fill that swirling void inside you. Honestly, I don’t even know how you all can stand living the way you do. Like parasitic dolls. With glassy eyes and nothing but stuffing where your hearts should be. With tears that hold no salt. With voices that echo endlessly. Soundlessly.

In a world of empty words and even emptier people.