Release | Teen Ink

Release

September 8, 2010
By Lovely_Lauren GOLD, Portland, Oregon
Lovely_Lauren GOLD, Portland, Oregon
10 articles 0 photos 26 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away." -Anonymous


My mind is a dark hole of misery. I’m tied down with regrets, stress, worry and you. You make my life miserable. You chain me up and as much as I try to scream and break free, you hold me down. I can’t escape the bitterness. You’re the dark place in my mind. You’re the one laughing as I struggle. I struggle and struggle, pulling and pulling.

Your laughter rings in my ear. Your hands clasp around my throat, tightening until I can’t whisper a breath. You foot breaks my ribs and shatters my lungs. My legs break under the weight you thrust upon me. You tangle everything around me, binding me until I can’t even feel anymore. You tangle my nightmares, my fears, my reality, my tears and broken cries into one enormous hold that doesn’t let me go. You blind me with false hope; hope that I might be able to break away. You blind me with the happiness that I once had. Blind me with unreachable freedom.

I can’t escape. I can’t breathe. I can’t even fathom the pain I’m going through. My hoarse cries are now whispers in the wind. No one can hear me. No one can hear my pain. No one can help me.

As the finality sets in, light bursts in. It’s Jesus, holding his strong hand out to me. You recede into the back of the room and I start crying. He’s saving me. He’s breaking the bonds that held me for so long. He is the only hope I have. My body becomes unbroken, my bones stronger as I grab his hand. I can see again and my fears release me. I can breathe. I can breathe. He’s helping me. And as I leave the ugly, dark room, he whispers something to me.

“You are free. “