Remembering The Exorsist | Teen Ink

Remembering The Exorsist

By thalialisset SILVER, Jamaica, New York
thalialisset SILVER, Jamaica, New York

Don't Judge Its Book By It's Cover

It’s been so hard thinking about how hard I worked to get the devil out of 2 patients. Here are two stories that will scare you. But there is one thing that I want to tell you about this. Don’t read this aloud to kids, they may be scared and may have nightmares.
A brother priest asked if I could go and help him with a young girl who had been brought to him in church. At one point the body of the young girl moved on the ground, crawling like a snake. Other people were with us, and they can testify to this. Before the final sign of the conclusive departure of the demons, I was late for prayers because as I was approaching the church, my car was gently lifted up and put down on the grass. All efforts I made to put the car back on the road were useless: it would not respond. I later saw that the right front tire had been ripped — I don’t know how. Just as I was about to enter the house of the priest I felt an evil presence behind me, something ready to attack me. I turned and saw the young girl holding in her hand a pair of scissors: she was going to stab me. But God be praised, everything ended to His glory and praise — the young girl was liberated, got married, and now leads a happy life. On another occasion the victim was a 50-year-old widow, with a daughter and two grandchildren. She suffered from asthma, sometimes she fainted, her stomach and insides ached; she vomited strange things — hair, raw beans. She heard loud noises in her house, the furniture shook without reason. She felt hated by relatives, friends, and especially her mother-in-law. After a few minutes of exorcism she fell into a trance and spoke. The devil inside her was threatening the sick woman, and me. I told the demon: “You cannot do anything to me because I am a servant of Christ, and you, without his permission, are not allowed to utter a single word, neither do anything; you must obey Him, nor you must obey too your chief, Lucifer”. He replied: “I am Lucifer”. “So you are Lucifer?" I said. “Then I will beat you thoroughly with the exorcism.” He reacted to the exorcism, and to the words “God be blessed”, and “Blessed be His Holy and Immaculate Conception”. Then I said to him: “Mary’s name makes you shiver, eh? It makes you tremble because she is pure, without original sin, and with her son Jesus she crushed your head.” He said: “Do you know with which foot?” I decided to humor him. “You tell me. I’d like very much to know with which foot she did it.” “With the right foot,” he says. I was dumbfounded, but I doubted he was having me on. Eight days later, when I was exorcising the woman and she was in a trance, with her eyes turned inward and her body wriggling like a snake, the intruder uttered offensive words and threats. I interrupted him, saying: “But you, Lucifer, that other time, you talked about the Virgin’s foot . . .” The Devil, in a very cold voice, gave me a chilling answer: “I did it on purpose,” he said, “just to make fun of you.

The reason I wrote this story was because at that time I read a newspaper that was talking about a woman that was having exorcism. So it sounded really scary so I decided to write an article about it and making it detailed as possible to tell teens and people that exorcism is really scary.

CarrieAnn13 GOLD, Goodsoil, Other

"I love deadlines. I like the whooshing sound they make as they fly by." --Douglas Adams

"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." --Marcus Aurelius

Okay, I have a bit of criticism.

1.  Again, dialogue goes on a new line.  Please work on your grammar.  It's not bad (it's better than a lot of stuff on here), but I know you can improve if you work at it.

2.  Show, don't tell.  Show us what happens in the story because for the first half of the story I feel like you are telling me what happened.

Other than that, great writing! :)