Baby Blues | Teen Ink

Baby Blues

July 9, 2010
By Emmasmommy4610 SILVER, Ocean Shores, Washington
Emmasmommy4610 SILVER, Ocean Shores, Washington
6 articles 2 photos 11 comments

Favorite Quote:
"If you don't hit the ground hard, you'll never know what its like to get up and learn to fly."


The day you were born it was cloudy but the sun still shined through the gray and I knew that I would love you forever when I saw your pretty little face it made me...

Think about the time I won my first ribbon at a horse show and how I thought I could never be happier but then I saw you and when they laid you on my chest I knew that a mothers love could never end and I thought about...

What am I going to do when you bring that first boy home who only wants one thing? You aren't going to listen to me because I'm your mom and like I didn't listen to mine mistakes will be made but that really won't matter because I'm your mom and so the love will never end and I thought about...

How my mom never stopped loving me no matter what I did or put her through and its crazy to see you grow up so fast. One minute you're a fragile bundle of newborn in a tightly wrapped blanket laying in a nursery cradle next to me in the hospital just sleeping away and now you're laying on the floor kicking and laughing and playing and you're already 3 months and I hate thinking about...

That you're going to grow up so fast and one day you'll be just like me but I hope a little more well behaved and well rounded. I can't stop you from growing and it drives me crazy because I can't seem to take enough pictures or cherish the moments enough but I love to think that...

One day you'll be a mom and you'll understand that a mothers love is so confusing it never ends and you cant tell when it really starts even because you love your baby dolls as a child and then you get pregnant and you love your belly and the baby in the ultrasounds but then you meet your baby for the first time and reality hits you in the face like a train hitting another train. You can't stop it.

So maybe I should stop thinking, and just keep loving you.

That I can do.


The author's comments:
My daughter is laying on the ground as I write this, on her toy matt. She's just learning cause and effect...she grabs the toy, it makes a noise. It's so incredible to watch your child grow and develope from a jelly bean in your belly to a baby learning to laugh. It's the most amazing thing that's ever happened to me and I would not change it for the world. A mother's love is the realest love you can get.