Sometimes. | Teen Ink

Sometimes.

Sometimes, I like to go without makeup, just to feel free. Sometimes, I like to get dressed up, and put on the war paint, just to feel pretty. Sometimes, I like to smile when I'm sad, just to feel strong. Sometimes, I like to cry, just to feel vulnerable. Sometimes, I like to watch your smile spread across your face, just to feel thankful. Sometimes, I like to fall into your arms, just to feel loved. Sometimes, I like to yell at you, just to feel powerful. Sometimes, I like to apologize, even if I did nothing wrong, just to feel no regret. Sometimes, I like to be considerate on purpose, just to feel needed. Sometimes, I like to scream, just to feel the calm after such a storm. Sometimes, I like to pretend to be okay, just to feel brave. Sometimes, I like to do something that scares me, just to feel alive. Sometimes, I like to stare into the mirror, just to feel like I'm really there. Sometimes, I like to bury my face into your shoulder and cry, just to feel human. But, sometimes, I like to feel nothing at all.