Why I write | Teen Ink

Why I write

June 6, 2010
By MustangWriter1813 PLATINUM, Crooks, South Dakota
MustangWriter1813 PLATINUM, Crooks, South Dakota
45 articles 7 photos 128 comments

Favorite Quote:
" No one can told you back besides yourself " MaKayla Claymore class of 2013


I am willing to bet that I get the same questions ten times a day. “Why do you write? What do you write about?” “How do you find time?” Because I am known as the writer
of my class.
And until now I just say “because it’s something to do…because I just do.” But
I now know why I write. Writing has become my life now. It’s like the air I breathe
everyday. It is a necessary part of my life. Without it I would have nothing. It’s
helped me realize there is so much to life that many people let slip through their
fingers. Without school, home, and writing I think I would be someone I don’t want to be. When a person writes there are no limits. Black and white are on the paper, but color last forever in the writer’s mind the writer’s own little world. And when a person writes they are making history for themselves and others as well. It is their past, present and future and I hope that all three of those things will be and still are very bright memories of me because of my writing.

What a writer writes about is totally up to them. Like before when it comes to creating new worlds there are no limits (okay expect how many times you use swear words) but other than that it is pretty much open. Some like to write about true love, the perfect world, what the future will be like, personal experiences, much more. I begin the writer that I am like to write about personal experiences, hopes, drams, memories (the good and not so good) past relation ships with family members, and other unique people I have met a long my road that I like to call my life that I hope will be all it can be in the end. I write about how I want to make a difference in the world. How I hope to make everybody proud. How I have used my writing to contribute to the ones I have lost and the ones that have made an enormous difference in my life. This has no limits, besides the mind itself.

When do I find time to write? That’s a good question. Writing doesn’t make an appointment in your head. When it comes, it just comes. When an idea pop’s into your head you have to write it down so you don’t let it go. Who knows it might be the next best seller. Usually writing comes to me when I’m day dreaming (usually when I’m not suppose to might I add). But hey some of my best ideas have come from up in the clouds. When it’s right you just know it. There is no certain time and place that you have to write.

Writing is my life and it’s one of the three things I know well. School, home, and writing. I love writing. It is my past, present, and future. It’s like oxygen for me. There are no limits, just my mind. Heck right now it is 1:20 A.M. and here I am writing this. But hey when its right I know it and all I want to do is write. And I hope all these late nights and day dreaming will achieve something in the near future.