iRock skinnies | Teen Ink

iRock skinnies

By new.hope GOLD, Juliaetta, Idaho
new.hope GOLD, Juliaetta, Idaho

"maybe i was just a girl...interrupted"

Im a believer in strong self expression. Everywhere today there are critiques and labels, but in my mind i ask "what is the need?" Let people be who we are.

Our parents critisize us for the way we act, who we hang out with and what we wear everyday. Have they seen their graduation picture recently?

I remember the first time i came home wearing skinny jeans. My dads remark was "did you have those painted on?" I simply jus looked at him and said "in fact. I got these a size too big. What do you have to say, your pants were tighter than mine in high school"

Bright colors, thigh high socks, converse and skinny jeans are my thing. Sure ive dyed my hair just about every color there is and sure ive given myself a homemade tattoo. Im a teenager. I rock the techno an love to rave. When i walk down the hall i hear people say "i wish we could kick out those emo kids they look f***** retarded.[giggle]"

I am not 'emo' i am usin self expression. I dont like being like everyone else. Being a clone. All those 'preppy' guys an girls withtheir AE and Hollister. Whats the point in spening a hundred dollars on a pair of pants when you can put a pair of leggings on under your fave pair of ripped jeans. Thats classic. Not scrub.

To me there are no labels of 'goth' 'emo' 'prep' or 'bum' but there are mindsets. I know these will never go away but when i see someone i dont judge them on what brand of clothes their wearing or if their roots are showing. I value the person within the outside barrier.

"the way iROCK the skinny jeans yeah you know iPUNK
but punk iNOT im way too sick
ima independent jerk that’s so legit" -Fresh Boyz

new.hope GOLD said...
new.hope GOLD, Juliaetta, Idaho

"maybe i was just a girl...interrupted"

i did not write this comment my friend did who was reading my work, i had forgotten to gign out.

Granny said...
Your style is so honest and up front.  Remember the jeans?  They were great!  Even if you were told not to wear them to school anymoe.  Tiffany, you have talant.  Keep up the good work.  I'm not saying that just 'cause your my special granddaugter.  Im saying hat because it is true. 

new.hope GOLD said...
new.hope GOLD, Juliaetta, Idaho

"maybe i was just a girl...interrupted"

i think this is a very good topic i can relate with people making fun of my style but look at the ones making fun when they look just like everyone else no diversity everyone is plain i like your style its colorful vibrant there is not alot of people who are willing to switch things up and try new things all of the haters are just mad because they are scared to try anything new you rose above the crowd and did what you felt thats how it should be good for you

i think think entry is very unique and i ca relate i get shit for my style all the time some people who where skinny jeans like yourself make it look good yeah emo's where them also but they go about it in a whole different style they just happen to wear the same pants as you but your style is unique its colorful its a eye catcher for sure so dont let these haters bring you down you rised above these haters that are just mad because the are afraid of trying new things so pitty them for being so closed minded thats what i think very good topic nice choice