A True Best Day | Teen Ink

A True Best Day

April 9, 2010
By Physics981 PLATINUM, York, Pennsylvania
Physics981 PLATINUM, York, Pennsylvania
38 articles 1 photo 3 comments

Favorite Quote:
Failures help one grow as a person.


When asked, it is so difficult for me to choose the best of my life. I always try to live to up to what I think is the fullest. Even though I do not live elegantly and wealthily, I think that my life is very good and happy. Therefore, I would say that best day of my life was when all of my beloved family members are present at the same site. To me, having the best day means free of worries, enjoy relaxation, and obey simplicity. This can be very difficult to achieve since in the real world, there will always be struggles to worry about. Thus I have not experience a true best day of my life yet. I hope that when the end of my life approaches, that I will be able to live free of worries and enjoy the reward of simplicity. However, in the past, I would say that my best day would be when I was in Vietnam and surrounded by my beloved family members.

When I am around my family, I am provided with guidance, support, and assistance. I think that my best day so far was the first time we celebrated my mother’s birthday. My father came home early that day from work to celebrate at around 6 o’clock in the afternoon. Present were only my family which included my mother, father, grandmother, brother, and me. All he had to celebrate with was a very same cake that was divided into five portions and a few candles. We lit the candles and asked my mother to make her wish. Even though the celebration was very small and simple, I felt the warmth and joy of a family that most people are not lucky to have. Being surrounded by the people I love, I felt safe and happy, a feeling that one rarely experiences. When I was blessed with this, I thought of those who did not have what I had and felt very pity for them. I wish that everyone would have a family and supported with love and parental protection. In conclusion, the best day of my life so far is when I spent time with my family.


The author's comments:
This was a response to a prompt for my English class. The prompt stated "Describe the best day of your life so far."