I am a Car | Teen Ink

I am a Car

By enchanted4yu PLATINUM, Calabasas, California
enchanted4yu PLATINUM, Calabasas, California

"Don't tell me the sky is the limit when there are footprints on the moon"

Some call me a blessing; some call me a curse. People ought to call me a saint! If only they knew what I have to put up with daily. I'm the one who listen's to everybody's road rage and music pounding through my body. I'll tell you; it gives me a headache. I'm constantly disrespected and litterd with wrappers, cans, and sticky spills. Here's an idea mom and dad, it's called the sippy cup!
Then again, my life isn't too horrible. I travel from place to place with my nose in the blowing air, soaring at sometimes eighty miles an hour! It is quite thrilling; I must admit. I think my most precious memory is gliding into Las Vegas with my top rolled down seeing so many extravagent people. Or maybe it is strolling through Oregon's countryside at a leisurely pace with nowhere to go, only places to see.
My owners never thank me, but that's all right because I know I make the world a better place more than I pollute it. Just think, what would have happened to little Ella if I wasn't there to rush her to the hospital when she choked on a lifesaver? Now, Iunderstand that doesn't make it right for me to smog up the beautiful earth we share. That's why I am constantly modernizing to make myself more eco-friendly! One day I'll get there completely but be patient with me. Well,I better wrap this up so remember, however you may feel about me, I make people realize it's the journey not the destination that makes life grand.

I wrote this while driving home at night. Unlike many people, I enjoy driving and don't mind long car drives. I like to watch the scenery pass me by while I listen to peaceful music and I started thinking about how the car would feel at times like that. I hope people can read my article and have something to think about the next time they have a long, boring car ride.