Get the Limit Changed | Teen Ink

Get the Limit Changed

By pooner365 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
pooner365 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

Secretary of Transportation
Wisconsin Department of Transportation

To Mr. Secretary:

I would like to thank you for the Department of Transportation’s job of keeping the roadways safe for Wisconsinites. The Department is fair in setting speed limits, but one thing came to my attention. The stretch of Lake 5 Road between roads County VV and Plain View Road is 35 miles per hour when it used to be 50.

It is a reasonable speed, and I see why people worry about drivers going 50. However, I propose to change it to 45. Thirty-five miles per hour causes congested traffic flow through Lake 5 Road. This gets dangerous during winter. The connecting part of Lake 5 Road is 45 miles per hour before it connects across Plain View Road. Why not make it 45 going past Lisbon Community Park?

Lake 5 Road is built the same as Center Oak Road. Center Oak Road has more population on it and it is 45 miles per hour. All roads surrounding it are 45 miles per hour or more. I understand the limit was changed because of kids. But there is now a hill barrier between the road and yard. There is also a ditch put in place to stop cars. Plus, the yards are big enough in the surrounding neighborhoods that kids don’t have to get close to the road to be out enjoying themselves.

I drive this road at least once every day. It is 35 right now. You have the authority to change the limit. Make everyday driving faster. You would be making a lot of people happy.

I would appreciate a response.
Sincerely,
Benjamin L.