my own reality. | Teen Ink

my own reality.

By wildcat DIAMOND, Hopkinton, Massachusetts
wildcat DIAMOND, Hopkinton, Massachusetts

Do you ever have those days where you just want to escape the world? I do. My life is complicated and harsh, so what do i do? I create my own little world. Made up, in my head, my utopia. But, i visit it too much that I've lost track between reality and fiction. I hate when sadness builds up, it's so exhausting, putting on shows of happiness and strength for those few people who look up to you, and yet i do it anyway. People say Happiness is key, well, then why is no one ever happy ALL the time?

reality, we're not all equal: in my utopia everyones happy all the time because i get them there and everyone really is equal. I'm always told I'm to old for fairy tales, but i can't help it! The idea of happy endings and chivalry are all so appealing to me! without this made up world of mine life would get to complicating and frustrating. After spending so many hours alone in my head and i finally snap back to reality, happiness still lingers there for a day or two until broken by some unwanted creation thrusted upon me. as my emotions start raging forward into anger and sadness my mind races backwards trying to beat the current to the safe and protected shelter i created.If you followed me back to my place in my mind you'd see the true meaning of equal.

the wall that was once there between reality and fantasy is now crumbled.