My best friend, my hero, my father | Teen Ink

My best friend, my hero, my father

November 16, 2009
By m.kelsey BRONZE, Belleville, Michigan
m.kelsey BRONZE, Belleville, Michigan
2 articles 0 photos 1 comment

After I realized what I had done, I became heart broken. I didn't think it would've made that much of an impact on my life. Night after night I cried myself to slepp. My head was filled with too many emotions I couldn't handle. I thought I lost my best friend, my hero, my father.
On March 21st, 2008 I was to get on a plane to Vegas. I was leaving the place I had lived, Michigan, to go visit my mother. My dad said "Call me when you get there, I love you." He gave me a hug and kissed my forehead, and sent me on my way. The plane landed and the first person I saw was my mom. She hugged me and we walked to the car. We had a great couple of days.
On March 28th, 2008 I told my mom I wanted to stay. She told my father and he was very disappointed. After that day my father and I lost contact.
I would cry myself to sleep every night. The pain I felt was inevitable. Christmas and my birthday were the hardest to bare. On May 21st, 2009 my dad called me. We talked for hours. It was the happiest day of my life.
This whole experience made me more appreciative about things around me. I know that when things get tough, I can't always quit and run away. I'm thankful for my dad, and I love him with all my heart.