Heavy Cargo | Teen Ink

Heavy Cargo

By JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina
JordanNicole SILVER, Spartanburg, South Carolina

\"Love is strange, powerful, and sneaky. You won\'t know it until you find it...and when you have it, never let it go!\" ~JordanNicole

I’m scared to let my best friend go. She’s going to college and I’m afraid I’ll feel all alone. I don’t know what to do to make it better.
I mean I knew this day would come, but I didn’t expect it to come so soon. I say we’re just friends, but the bond between us is so strong she feels like a sister.
We talk everyday and go out on the weekends. But for some reason it feels like I’m being let down again. I’m going to miss her terribly…

Thanks for commenting. Good News- Mindy, my friend in this piece, is coming home after she finishes this semester! Sorry about your coming lonliness.

pictolover SILVER, Brookfield, Missouri

"Life is like a roller coaster. When you don't know what to do buckle up, close your eyes, and enjoy the ride."

Ya. I definately know what you mean. my sister is a senior and its very sad that i will be alone for the last 2 years of highschool. You say you and your friend were like sisters. Well me and my sister are best friends!