Depression | Teen Ink

Depression

By music.words.and.me BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico
music.words.and.me BRONZE, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"Let it all burn, I will burn first, God of time, am I lost in your eyes? Just let me burn, It's what I deserve, God of mine, am I lost in your eyes?" Paradise Lost Hollywood Undead.

Depression is what turns your sheets into a thousand pounds of tears you can't escape. Its what keeps you up late at night when your exausted, but your mind can't stop thinking. Dpression isn't coping, it's remembering the worst and exaggerating your faults and cracks. Dpression is that one gray cloud in the sky that acts like a nightmare following you. Depression is the scorching sun that you cannot excape, and the thousands of staring faces you can't hide with your hair. Depression is the drug that takes over your heart, mind, and body, and that you can only escape when your blood runs cold.

I am 14 years old, and i spent the majority of my 8th grade year learning who i was, and facing some severe depression sypmtoms, that i only confided to my closest friends. I resorted to many self solutions, and only grew worse, and then was betrayed by a friend and was sent even deeper into my depression. As time has progressed I've learned that my last sentance is false, because I am improving, and hope to be able to one day leave those painful months in the past.

literaryaddict PLATINUM, Albuquerque, New Mexico

"We're almost there and no where near it. All that matters is that we're going." Lorelai Gilmore, Gilmore Girls
"The whole theory of modern education is radically unsound." Lady Bracknell, The Importance of Being Earnest, Oscar Wilde

wow this was good. i read ur about me page and yay!! for violists!! im one 2