THE SUMMER LIFE | Teen Ink

THE SUMMER LIFE

June 5, 2024
By CANDERSON BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
CANDERSON BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

 As I wake up on an early Summer morning to fresh air and beautiful weather the day feels very maliced as winter was just a little but ago but the day starts off relaxing knowing I don't have to be at school anymore. As I walk outside the sun starts to smile down on me, and I start to feel a lot of excitement as school has just ended not knowing what I will do first. There are so many fun experiences during the summer but I have some favorites every year.

Everyday when I wake up In the morning I decide what I'm going to do for the day. The best feeling is that, just knowing you can do whatever you want and not have to worry about exams, homework and tests and that's why summer is so amazing. Some things I like to do during the summer are golfing and spending time at my lake house and I have a lot of memories with both of those. 

When you wake up early in the morning knowing you're golfing it's a different feeling. I hop in the shower, get ready and put on my nice golf clothes as I arrive at the golf course and start golfing. The feeling is amazing. The sun is rapping me in a sauna as I'm listening to country music and admiring how beautiful the course and the day is. The sounds my clubs make when you hit the ball, the sound the ball makes as it rolls into the hole, the birds chirping as everything is silent. The only thing I'm worrying about is hitting a good shot and when that's the only thing you're worried about, life is pretty good. But not every shot is a good shot “Yikes!!” I said because I shanked a golf shot.

As I finish up golfing I am really hot and sweaty and hungry so hungry that I could eat a cow. I also realize how much of the day I have left  the perfect thing to do is to go to the lake. As I look at the lake and the sun shining down on it the lake looks like diamonds. I jump in the water and the refreshing feeling of being cooled off is amazing. I invite all of my friends over and we all decided to go surfing and jet skiing. I wanted to be ascertain as I could that they all would come. The amazing feeling of being on a boat with all of your friends and surfing or jet skiing is amazing. Gliding through the water going 70 MPH on a jetski is a different experience. You feel like you're on top of the world and there is nothing that can bring you down until you get pulled over by the police and get a ticket. Surfing with all of your friends as your surfboard glides and glistens and I colon as I try to draw attention as I'm staying perfectly in the wake trying to land the new trick you have been practicing as all of your friends are there to watch and support you.

Summer is truly amazing as you can accomplish many goals while having fun with your family and friends while not having to worry about school. It feels like a weight lifted off your shoulders and you can finally run free. I'm gonna enjoy every day to its fullest until after summer when I come back for my senior year!!!.


The author's comments:

This is my final exam for my writing class!!!