Because Of You | Teen Ink

Because Of You

May 24, 2023
By kajabrittany GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
kajabrittany GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
10 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Favorite Quote:
Anything is possible, if you want it bad enough ~ Glenn Travis


Dear Caleb, 

Here we are, living our best life in Wisconsin. Even after three years of dating, you make every second, hour, day, month, season and year an amazing one. You have shown me so many fun things my family hasn't. It’s because of you that I love Wisconsin. 

In winter we fell in love on the Little Switzerland Ski Hill and the Pettit Ice Skating Rink. With every fall you were there to pick me up and get me back on my feet. You put in so much time and patience to make me better at it day after day. Here I am now, racing you down Cascade Mountain in Portage and around the Pettit Ice Skating Rink, you win every time of course because you’ve had years of experience but it’s still fun and brings a smile to my face. It’s because of you that I love Wisconsin. 

In summer we’re out on the boat and exploring the wilderness one step at a time. We’re out on Okauchee lake all day getting tan, tubing, and splashing each other. Grabbing some dinner at the Golden Mast before we go back home just to head back out for a walk through the woods. Seeing all the different animals, playing hide and go-seek with friends, running from who knows what. Racing our cars around the backstreets so we make curfew, having a bonfire, going to Wisconsin Dells, sneaking out together. Summer is my favorite time of the year with you. It’s because of you that I love Wisconsin. 


In fall you take me to the Basses pumpkin patch in Colgate. We pick out our little pumpkin family to carve out. We watch as the leaves slowly fall off the trees. We dress up for halloween and go out scaring our friends. We pick apples off the trees at Auntie Evie’s Apple Orchard in New Berlin to make homemade pie. We snuggle up real close together and watch some scary movie that we both think is awful so we end up just watching the office instead. We celebrate Thanksgiving and remind each other how thankful we are that we met each other and all the fun memories we have made together. It’s because of you that I love Wisconsin. 

In spring we’re outside dancing in the rain, you twirl me around as you tell me you love me just like you did when you first ever told me those words. I still get butterflies. You pick me flowers from the side of the road, Center Oak Road will always hold a special place in my heart.You pick me up and carry me through the dirty mud puddles so I can keep my shoes clean and dry. You help me pick out some of the cutest little spring dresses and watch as I light up with joy when we find the perfect one. It’s because of you that I love Wisconsin. 

In winter we celebrate our new year with another year of being together. Cheers to us. You watch as I fill with happiness when you surprise me with roses and some of jewelry that I will never take off. You plan out the perfect date and outfit, you pick me up, remind me how loved I am and how far we have come. We clink our glasses together and cheer for another great year together. You take me to Point Burger Bar in Pewaukee where we end up in the photo booth acting silly. To end the night we cuddle up together next to the fireplace watching Elf because it’s our Christmas tradition as we drift away to sleep. It’s because of you that I love Wisconsin. 


Sincerely, 

Brittany 


The author's comments:

I met my boyfriend Febuary 7th, 2020. We have been dating since Febuary 14th, 2020. Within the past few years he has showed me so many good things that him and I now do on a daily basis. I used to dream of moving to a warm state and get out of Wisconsin, however becuase of my boyfriend I couldn't imagine moving away from where all our love grew and where it continues to grow everyday.