Why Wisconsin | Teen Ink

Why Wisconsin

May 23, 2023
By edom23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
edom23 GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
16 articles 0 photos 0 comments

Welcome to Wisconsin! The midwest state that is very well known for its cheese! This is why if you head over to a Green Bay Packers game you will probably see hundreds of people wearing cheese hats. Well, Wisconsin has been my home for the past 17 years and it is the only place I truly know. Sure I have traveled but Wisconsin will always be the place I come back to. 

Wisconsin is filled with the most natural beauty. There is a perfect mixture of city life, rural life, suburban life, and lastly country life. There is so much that Wisconsin has to offer. There are many lakes, rivers, and forests which offer many family trips and bonding experiences. The most beautiful outdoor scenery for those wedding pictures or even prom! One way to put it is that Wisconsin is an all-around all-season type of state. We have beautiful hot summers, the softness of fall, the bitterness of winter, and the warm springs. All of these beautiful seasons lead to amazing activities you can do with friends and family. There is honestly an endless amount, there is fishing, boating, hiking, camping, and skiing. 

Another great thing about Wisconsin is the people that live here. Wisconsin residents are known for their friendliness and hospitality. Wisconsin is home to many festivals, events, and concerts throughout the year. These events are always a great way to experience Wisconsin's culture and meet the people that make it home. 

There is one specific place that holds many events, concerts, and most importantly the home of Wisconsin’s NBA team. The lovely Fiserv Forum is a staple piece of Milwaukee, Wisconsin. The ginormous building representing a beer keg holds up to 17,500 people. Fiserv forum is able to bring the whole city together and share the same love we have for our Bucks players or our favorite musician. No matter what you will always have fun at Fiserv Forum. The Bucks recently became NBA champions in 2021, which has brought so much light to the city of Milwaukee. But most importantly to the state of Wisconsin. Now we are not only known as the cheese or beer state. We can be seen as an NBA-winning state. I have so many heart held memories at Fiserv Forum. From being my first employer by dancing on the Young Bucks team and to now being on the 414 crew. I see everything from behind the scenes and can still greatly appreciate everything like the rest of my community. 

Wisconsin is such a beautiful state without a doubt. It has its goods and it’s bad but it’s home. Isn’t everyone's home life a little dysfunctional? There is so much to offer here, for yourself, your friends, family, and everyone. In the end, it is needless to say that Wisconsin is a great destination to experience culture, love for the city, and even outdoor experiences. From being the place I grew up in, I hope that I soon get to grow old here and watch the new generations enjoy Wisconsin as I did.