Its Only Monday | Teen Ink

Its Only Monday

By gracie13 PLATINUM, Boca Raton, Florida
gracie13 PLATINUM, Boca Raton, Florida

It's cold, and I don't want to be here. I'd rather be curled up in my bed with my dog watching Harry Potter. I could be eating my overnight oats that I made last night, but never ate because I was too busy rushing out the door. The new shoes I bought over the weekend are not broken into, and I can already feel the blisters forming on my heels. Which immediately makes me regret trying to dress nicer today. Why would I decide to dress nice when my bones are freezing over? Also, despite popular opinion, jeans are terrible for cold weather. They are stiff and uncomfortable- and the cold only makes it worse. It was borderline impossible to get out of bed this morning, and I would trade anything to be asleep right now. My room was freezing, and as soon as I pulled off my sheets my teeth started chattering and wouldn't stop. Days like these make me miss online school. They make me miss being able to stay in bed and listen to my first period lecture with the hum of my fan. They make me miss when I would make breakfast in the empty house while I listened to my teacher go on a tangent about Genghis Khan. I really need to wrap my hands around a life vest or something, and I feel like a day in bed with my dog would keep me from drowning. But that's not true because skipping would only delay the inevitable- so here I am. I'm just so tired already, and it's only Monday.