Welcome To Delicious | Teen Ink

Welcome To Delicious

By 3vermeulen GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
3vermeulen GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

Have you ever seen one of those old-timey movies where teenagers meet up at their local spot? Pick any show, ten to one all the characters have their place to meet, centering around that one location. For my story, this place is Culver’s. 

Beginning with its history richer than its cheese curds, the Culver family opened up a local restaurant in Sauk City, Wisconsin. Setting their standards high since the start, George Culver would inspect local dairy farms to ensure the freshest ingredients. Today from beef patties to frozen custard, every meal is made fresh. Keeping in mind that Wisconsin is America’s dairyland, producing milk, cheese, and custard for the nation. According to their website, the chain has direct access to local, pure, and untainted cheese and beef which they have crafted into classic recipes many crave. (Culver’s)

Along with natural and clean ingredients, Culver’s is dedicated to top-of-the-line customer service. When entering, you are welcomed with the warm scent of food and a smiling cashier ready to take orders. Clean and soft blue booths line the walls awaiting hungry customers. If in a rush, the drive-thru window conveniently provides a meal with little to no hassle. Regardless of your time, situation, or family this franchise will happily accommodate any circumstance to ensure absolute pleasure and comfort while dining. 

Creativity is the name of the game here at Culver’s. Every day to bring back curious customers, a flavor of the day is hand-crafted daily to satisfy the cravings of anyone with a sweet tooth. Mouthwatering flavors like chocolate Oreo volcano and raspberry cheesecake make anyone cave, treating their taste buds to these delectable desserts. Additionally, Culver’s serves a variety of meals ranging from butter burgers to fish fries. No matter the taste preference—sweet to savory,  there is a meal for everyone. Even so, rising above all else are their famous cheese curds. Two cheesy flavors of mozzarella and cheddar are coated in a golden-brown crispy layer, and fried to perfection, providing a warm, buttery crunch. 

But what makes Culver’s so special? How is it different from any plain burger chain? The answer lies in connection. Many positive memories link back to this restaurant. Scoring a match-winning goal, a victorious team of soccer players celebrates with scoops of custard topped with cookie dough and fudge. A young couple, awkward and blushing, share cheese curds and laughs on a first date. Rushing home from a long day of work, an exhausted and grateful mother brings home Scoopie meals to her four kids, thankful for not having to cook. Full of life and a few nerves, a teenager begins his first day on the job, earning a salary towards his future. A grandfather takes his granddaughter for burgers and fries, after a fun day at the park. All these moments exemplify the connection that develops daily at this spot.

This butter burger chain has left a long-lasting legacy not only in our local Wisconsin home but has begun to spread throughout the nation, sharing its midwest flavors and feelings. From sensational service to sustenance, Culver’s is a corporation set to bring smiles and success for years to come. So when visiting, be prepared to be welcomed to delicious. 

Work Cited

Culver's, culvers.com/.