An act of kindness | Teen Ink

An act of kindness

October 3, 2022
By Anonymous

It was a cloudy and cool morning, around 9 A.M. My dad told me to come with him even though I didn’t know where he was going and what he was going to do. Unsure of what I would be doing, all I could do was think about where I was going. About a half hour goes by and we arrive at a church, but not the one I normally go to. This was an older church, all white on the outside and relatively small inside. When I walked in I was met with hundreds of gifts waiting to be packaged. There were some other people that were helping but not that many. Naturally my dad and I just started packaging gifts into bags and boxes and then brought them outside to the van that would take them to wherever they would go. At first I didn’t really want anything to do with this because I thought it was just a waste of time, but in reality, it wasn’t. Being able to help out with anything for less fortunate people than us made me feel really good about myself. After that morning, throughout my life I’ve always had a passion for helping people no matter what and as much as possible. It makes me feel good about myself, and it makes me think that I made someone's day a little bit better than before. Even if it’s just holding the door open for someone, I feel good about myself.