Difference | Teen Ink

Difference

By locustking5656 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin
locustking5656 BRONZE, Hartland, Wisconsin

A Helping Hand 

When i was 14 there was a snowy december day in Hartland  wisconsin me and three other friends had to walk home from school as we were walking home we see a elderly lady stuck in the snow she was driving a scooter and the snow was to thick for her to drive through it and she ended up getting stuck so we ran over to help her we made sure she was ok because she looked cold after we made sure she wasn't freezing to death we tried getting her unstuck we first tried picking her up but the scooter weighed to much for us to pick her up so then we pushed all the snow out from her path and gave her a little push but she wouldn't budge so we looked to see if she was stuck on something else but it turns out that her tires were frozen to the ground so started to break the glass with my hands but it turns out she left it in drive and after her tires where free she ran over my hand and the ice that was left on the tire and on the ground cut my hand pretty bad but i played it of like i was fine so she didn't feel bad and we all went on are merry way.   

Based on a true story