Things I wish I could say compared to what I actually say when someone comments about my height. | Teen Ink

Things I wish I could say compared to what I actually say when someone comments about my height.

June 7, 2022
By summerorlowski BRONZE, Macomb, Michigan
summerorlowski BRONZE, Macomb, Michigan
3 articles 0 photos 0 comments


“Wow you are really tall for a girl”

Excuse me? What's that supposed to mean? What? A girl can't be tall?

Thank you, my Dad is really tall

“What are you? like a junior in college?”

No, I'm in 8th grade and 14 *sshole… perv.

No, I'm actually in 8th grade and I'm 14. *awkwardly laughs and walks away*

“So do you play basketball? Volleyball?”

Yes I do play basketball and volleyball because i've been forced to play since I was in first grade because i've always been the tallest girl growing up and everyone assumes that I play basketball and volleyball because I am so tall but do you think im any good? No. I f*cking suck. I'm naturally awkward, I bump into things, I lose my balance easily, I look like some limp giraffe and have a hard time standing on my own two feet because as tall as I am I have abnormally small feet and hands and I never know what to do with my arms. So yes I play basketball and volleyball but dont come watch me because it's an embarrassment.

Yes! I play varsity basketball and volleyball.

“How's the weather up there?”

*slowly unfolds fist*

It's great! Thanks for asking

“Your legs are so long! Can I have some?”

No, they're my legs! Back off.

Omg Lol! Yes please take some.


“Your dress/skirt is a little short on you”

You try finding a dress/skirt that's not too short when you're a 5’10 girl and womens clothing is stereotypically made for the average womens height that happens to be 5’4.

*walk away and don't say anything*

“Want to go homecoming with me?”- 5’6 boy

No! Because I want to wear heels and when I wear heels I'm over 6 foot and I'm going to tower over you all night and then our pictures are going to look incredibly awkward and then I can't dance with you and then I'll get sad. So no.

I'm actually going to be out of town that weekend, sorry!

“What's your shoe size?”

Ha ha ha funny one, I have abnormally small feet which Is why I fall a lot so is this some joke to just make fun of my clumsiness? Look at my damn feet and figure it out!

I wear a 7 1/2 in womens.

“You make me look so short?

What do you want me to do? Magically shrink to your height?

Lol! Here I'll just bend down.

“You can borrow my clothes”

That's a good one! You really think I can fit into your clothes? Your 5’2. I can't even find clothes that can fit me. I seriously can't remember the last time I found a pair of pants that actually fit me.

No, it's ok I'll just run home and grab my own clothes.

“I wish I was as tall as you”

No. No you don't. No you do not! You don't even have a clue of the struggles I go through for being tall.

No I wish I was your height *fake laughs*


“How tall are you?”

I don't know. Go ask my doctor.

I'm 5 '10.


The author's comments:

Its supposed to be funny