No more Goodbyes | Teen Ink

No more Goodbyes

June 2, 2022
By 2glass BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin
2glass BRONZE, Nashotah, Wisconsin
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

TW: suicide

 

“Eva are you awake?”. “Yes, GET OUT!”. She's not ok it's already 6:30 we need to leave soon. She hopped into the car messy bun, sweats, glasses, and puffy red eyes missing the mascara she doesn't go to school without. Oh no she looks as if she had been crying all night. I bet it's because of Ethan. “Hey Eva are you okay?” “Yes oh my God I'm fine leave me alone” she put in her AirPods blasted her music and put on noise cancelation. She couldn't hear me when I said goodbye and to text if she needed me. 

I've been worrying all day. My mom texted. Eva came home early don't worry about her I picked her up. “Mom I think she needs to talk to someone she looked like sh*t this morning as if she had been crying all night long. 

“Mom can you take me to Ethan he's awake!?” “Sure sweetie but are you sure you can handle it?” “Yes come on let's hurry”. 

Mom called Eva screamed at Ethan.” Why the f*ck would you do that to me I need you you can't just leave whenever you want I understand your hurting but suicide doesn't help the problems go away you just hurt everyone else. You’re so lucky it didn't work I can’t lose you, I Cant Ethan”. They had to pull her out of the room and send her home. 

As she came in the door I asked if I could help in any way she said “No I'm going to bed” she headed straight for her room when I stopped her hugged her and said “ we love you and don't wanna lose you Goodnight sleep well” she responded “Night love ya” don't get mad don't get mad she needs time you can try again in the morning.