Our house | Teen Ink

Our house

March 21, 2022
By Emma_Owens GOLD, Rowan, Nebraska
Emma_Owens GOLD, Rowan, Nebraska
10 articles 1 photo 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
“Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person’s ultimate good as far as it can be obtained.”
-C.S. Lewis


My uncle’s address is short and as easy as pie to remember. Ours is long and hard. His house has a fence and is smaller than ours just like his family. His house has a dog who pees in the house and kids who need watching. Our house has a dog that isn’t ours and another that is, and our dog is better. Our house has so many kids that none need watching because they’re all playing.

Our house has a big front yard and a bigger back yard. Our house has trees and even more bees. Our house has a pool that’s green in the winter and a cool blue in the summer. So blue that it makes our lips blue because we can’t wait to get in even though its only 68 outside. Our house has a lake of shining waters with no fish because they’re all caught. Ours has kids making noise just to make noise. Ours is as quiet as a graveyard when no one is home. Ours has family dinners at a 10-foot table and 2 grandmothers that love us. Our house is barbecue in the summer and chili in the winter because it’s not chilly outside. Our house is happy noise. Our house is so many kids you can’t tell who’s who.

His house has a wobbly playground built with love. His house has neighbors who come and go. His has cinnamon toast crunch and a chocolate chip toaster waffle before church. His has a dog who makes noise just to make noise. His house has parties inside and out with people that we don’t know but are now familiar. His house is little girls who play at night when they need to sleep. His house is me babysitting and staying over because they stayed out till 3. His house is 20 dollars paid late because he forgets and I don’t want to remind. His house is 3 little kids, soon to be 4 and wife who wants to be rid of the dog that pees everywhere.

Both houses are full of love in different ways and suit the family inside just like wrappers on candy.