Friends And Bikes | Teen Ink

Friends And Bikes

February 24, 2022
By Adela-anderson SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
Adela-anderson SILVER, Cannon Falls, Minnesota
7 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
Don't let anyone make you disappear


Having a friend is like riding a bike; all bikes are different. Some are bright, some are dull, sometimes they are weather, bent up, and bruised. People will go up and down hills with them, go down paved, rough, bumpy, and slippery roads together, and they will be cherished and loved. But no matter what bike anybody gets, it’s always rough when people first learn to ride. People can learn to ride a bike, but they can still crash every time. That’s the risk people take when they choose to get on that bike but only thy who gets to choose if it was worth the ride. My best bike, J, has impacted my life a lot more than I ever could’ve realized. She taught me friendship, emotional strength, and how to live life to the fullest, and to adventure and explore the world.
Now the first thing J taught me was Friendship, she was always like a sister to me. And I cherish every memory I have with her. J is always honest with me and tells me the truth; She also accepts me for who I am. We really care about each other and we like helping each other out with tasks or activities. I know that I can depend on her. J is so generous and understanding of everything I do. She tries to see everyone's side. She is super giving, kind, beloved, generous, and selfless. She’s always trying to help everyone. She knows when to be silly and when to be serious, which I personally think is hard to find someone with the right kind of balance like that. were like inseparable sisters. We even joke that my parents closest friends are also our parents, and we will come running up to all six of them shouting “MOM!” and “DAD!” and hug all of them, it's quite funny and I love them just as if they were my own. J's always laid back and easygoing. She is my own personal “Chaos Control Crew” and I am hers. When I'm getting chaotic she keeps me in check and when she's chaotic I keep her in check. We're rarely both chaotic at the same time, and if we are then all six of the parental units are screwed. J is very brave and determined. If she is going to get something done, she’s going to do it, and get it done. She doesn’t sit inside watching the world go by or waiting for an opportunity; J gets it done and completely owns whatever she puts her mind to. She is also always present, she’s always there and never just leaves me to fall to the ground. J is always on standby for if/when i need her help.She’s comforting at times when in need, and decisive because I honestly can’t be. She knows exactly how to handle me in almost every situation, and it’s like she’s a part of me. J’s just always there I don’t ask it of her, and I surely don’t tell her to be there, but somehow she always is. She’s carefree but not careless; J’s a constant in my crazy life, and I couldn’t ask for a better friend. She taught me friendship, but that's not all that she has done.
J also taught me emotional strength beyond my comprehension. She taught me how to fight, not physically but mentally. She taught me resilience and how to stand up to my emotions and my mental state, J is always there when I needed help or just someone to talk to. She taught me to persevere through rough and bumpy roads. She convinced me to open up to more people, and to seek professional advice. J encouraged me to come out of my shell; She encourages me to find the best in people and to give them a chance. Shes always fair and and is rarely bi-ast, I love her for it, and envy her for it. J helps me when life decides to throw a curve ball at me. J also has encouraged me to be creative, and helped me come out of my shell.
We have been exploring our creativity together and will be adventuring around the world. J and I plan to do so much more adventuring when we’re old enough to drive and to fly on an airplane together. We hope to also bring our dogs with us or at least I will, as my dog is half of me and I want to give him the best life I possibly can give him, traveling with J and Remi sounds like an amazing opportunity that I couldn't pass up. I can't wait to make more memories like the memory I have from us all going to the water park almost every single day for an entire summer. We love to be creative, we love to build cool things in Minecraft and work on our worlds together. We also enjoy working together on our 4-H projects. We build things like signs out of sheet metal for our club, training animals, and work on projects at meetings. If we end up going to the same college or a college near each other I would love to room with her, as I rarely get tired of her company.
My friend J has impacted my life in so many ways, she has shown me friendship, encouraged me to be emotional strength, given me creativity, and a longing to adventure. Without her, I wouldn't be who I am today. I cannot thank her enough for being there for me and exceeding what I thought friendship could ever be. So whether people have six parents as we do, or that people have their own personal “Chaos Control Crew”, that's the road that I'm biking with her, and I can't wait to see what the future holds for the both of us.


The author's comments:

This shows the importance of friendship, as you cant have a one wheeled bike.