What makes me uncomfortable? | Teen Ink

What makes me uncomfortable?

By katie-sampsonn BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan
katie-sampsonn BRONZE, Grandville, Michigan

What makes me uncomfortable? One question that can make you uncomfortable just by being asked it. See, I had this huge paragraph about something completely different written down, but I sat here and read it and realized that, there is something else. Love. Now, you might be thinking “Katie You are only a teenager you don’t know what love is”. But, I have a pretty good idea. The definition of love is to have an intense feeling of deep affection for someone (or something) but to be able to do that you have to actually get to know them. Now see, I’m a very nice person, I have a huge and open heart to everyone and anyone. But, opening myself up to someone enough for them to love me, scares me. I was taught at a very young age that love is sometimes just a word we like to say, and not think about what it really means. See to love someone, you need to want what's best for them, always be here for them, not leave. Love is such a big word, and to use it towards someone is such a huge risk, because nowadays we just throw the word around, when it’s really an emotion you only feel towards certain people and things. Sometimes, love reminds me of an hourglass, how you can have so much love for someone, then when it all runs out, it’s gone for good until you possibly flip it back over. Now, if you truly do love someone/something you will keep on flipping that hourglass back over, but if you don’t…