The Spike In My Heel | Teen Ink

The Spike In My Heel

¨Ahh!¨ I yelled because my heel had an inch hole it. I took a step outside into the cool breeze on a cold December day. As I stand there in just a thin jacket and only a pair of paper thin jogging pants. Trust me, if I didn't want to be outside I wouldn't be but my Mother was in a bad mood and kicked me off my Xbox because I was playing it too much, even though I haven't played it all week because of homework and football practice. I walked down the steps and took a big step into the grass. The sound of the glistening white frost crackling was a good sign that it was a freezing cold December day in Michigan. I was just standing there on the lawn thinking of what I could do to pass time. 

I had totally forgotten that I just got back my dirtbike after not having it for like a year just because the shop could find what was wrong with it. It took myself to unload it for the back of my dad's car. On top of getting it out it took about an hour to start because the engine was so cold. When I finally got it to start and stay started. I was so glad that it was finally time to have fun with my dirtbike. I took off like a jet into my yard. The first corner I took was a very sharp turn. My back tire kicked out from underneath me so I put my foot down. My foot ganmed into the ground. The spike from my pedal went right into the back of my heel. My brother was in the backyard and he could hear me yell because it hurt so bad.

¨What happened to you?¨ yelled from the side of my house.

¨THE SPIKE ON THE STUPID PEDAL JUST WENT INTO MY HEEL!¨ My dad came walking around the house. 

¨Let me see, oh it's not that bad you big baby.¨

¨What do you mean, there's a half of an inch hole in my heel!¨

I could still walk but they just hurt really really bad. It didn’t even hurt when I put pressure on it. It just hurt because there was a hole in the back of my heel. My mother came walking out into the front yard while sitting on the sidewalk with rubbing alcohol and a piece of cotton. She went to put it on the hole in the back of my heel and I yelled at her because that would have hurt a lot. So she just put the thick cream stuff on it and put a bandage over it. I had to replace the cotton bandage probably about four times before I got it to caramelize. Now I know not to wear crocs when riding a dirtbike.