Sacramento , My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento , My Home

December 19, 2019
By aniyawright BRONZE, Sacromento, California
aniyawright BRONZE, Sacromento, California
1 article 0 photos 1 comment


My Sacramento, is filled with great big luxurious houses . I live on the edge of Sacramento in a big brown mansion with a white picket fence around all 24 acres of land . All I have to do is look out my masvie windows and see all of granted bass . At night I look up at the stars from my 15ft  balcony. I'm even the president of the neighborhood watch committee. 

 You’re  probably wishing you had my life right? Well sorry to break it to you but that's not my life. My Sacramento is involved with gang violence and police brutality. Young kids are diying everyday do to their skin color. People are always telling us we have a freedom of speech, but when we speak for are freedom we have to take on the police. In my Sacramento you see young black girls being forced into sex trafficing, bodies layed for everyone to see, no justice done for the familes that are not gulity.

 Sacramento is a place where black on black crimes happen. Where people are judged for the color of there skin.  Where young girls and boys feel like they have to compete with one another because they feel like they see something in you that they don't see in themselves. Where strangers support you more than yo own family and friends. And where people do drugs just to escape reality .


My sacramento is a place where they tell you everything that they want you to hear but not everything that you need to hear.


The author's comments:

I hope people will understand what are the real big issuse and dangers that are going on in sacramento.