Mom | Teen Ink

Mom

My mom is my biggest supporter and I am so thankful for her. Her name is Stacey, and she has changed my life so much, especially recently. With all of the big changes coming up in life, I feel like I have needed her more than I ever have. They say as you grow older, your relationship with your mom will get only get stronger, and that couldn’t be more true. I don’t even look at her like she’s the big scary parent, I see her as my best friend (most of the time). She has taught me valuable lessons that people might not take as much of importance to anymore these days. Through her, I have learned to treat everyone equally, because no one is less than or better than anyone else. She has taught me that kindness is more than just having a happy face and a friendly demeanor. Kindness is the trait of wanting to do good things for people out of the feeling in your heart, not just doing it because it is the respectful thing to do necessarily. However, I think the most important lesson she had ever taught me is that what comes around, and to me that means to not treat others in a way that I would not want to be treated like. My mom has the most pure intentions out of anyone I have ever met. She doesn’t talk about people behind their backs, and she is honest in everything she does. If you have something in your teeth, or if your hair is messed up, whether if she knows you or not she will be sure to let you know. Today, I feel that if I had anyone else as a mother, that I would not be the person that I am today, and I am absolutely so lucky to have her in my life today. She’s the person who motivates me to step out of my comfort zone, and pushes me to do so whether I like it or not. And whenever she is feeling extra nice, she can give the best advice for any problem. It is so nice to have a rock who will love you unconditionally no matter what, even if I am a pain to deal with some of the time. This is a person who truly means a lot to me.

experience with my mom