Dear Me | Teen Ink

Dear Me

By Thelonelygirl SILVER, Worthington, Ohio
Thelonelygirl SILVER, Worthington, Ohio

Dear Anna,

You are smart but you don’t show it, you are beautiful but you hide your face, you are funny but you mask it behind you hurt, you are loved but you know you are going to get hurt. I am writing this to you because I love you and I know sometimes I may not show it and other times I show it too much, but you have to learn that it’s okay to be hurt, it’s okay to be broken, and it’s okay not to smile. You need to stop hating yourself when something goes wrong, stop blaming yourself when someone doesn’t like who you are, you need to stop caring about what other people think because it’s what you think that matters most. It hurts to see you struggle and I know how it feels, but I promise we are going to get through this, I know we are and I know you have heard it’s going to get better and I know your doubts are getting stronger. But please don’t stop being you because someone wants you too. You are amazing and you are loved by so many people who love you for you! They don’t want to see you change, they don’t want to see you hurt and most importantly they don’t want to see you give up. When we are done writing this we are going to write our goodbye letter, and you are going to look back at both of these letters and you are going to remember what it feels like to be happy again, to have hope once more, and you are going to spread your wings and fly my love. You are stronger than you think, you just need to reach a little deeper and find that strength. I know for the past week it feels like you are not enough but I promise you, you are enough for me! And that’s all that really matters. You need to learn to embrace yourself and stop tearing yourself down. I know sometimes it’s hard and I know times you wish nothing than to just give up, but stay with me because we are going to get better, maybe not right away but soon, I promise you that. I am you and you are me, and I know sometimes we may not see eye to eye, but that is okay because I am not going to leave you for being mad at me. You are hurt and that is okay, in time your heart will heal and you will be able to say I got through this fight.

Stay strong my love <3

~Love yours truly, Anna

This is a letter to myself and to anyone else who is struggling.