Sacramento, My Home | Teen Ink

Sacramento, My Home

January 11, 2019
By zaydadoll BRONZE, Sacramento, California
zaydadoll BRONZE, Sacramento, California
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

      My sacramento is full of uplifting spirits and success. I live on the edge of a hill in a nice cozy house right above the pretty blue ocean if i were to go in my backyard i can see where the ocean floor drops. I stand out there all time i love the cold breeze rubbing against my skin, i love the smell of the salty water, and i love closing my eyes and hearing the seagals make there funny little sound its soothes my mind and makes me forget about everything. I love when the sun's about to go to sleep because from where my bedrooms at i have a clear shot of the sunset it's so beautiful it's almost hypnotizing.  

 

Sorry to say this but i really wish everything i just said was true but it sadly it isn't. I live in a apartment where drug dealers do their dirty work, it's nowhere near safe where i live its life threatening. You would think i would be scared but nah i'm used to everything that comes with this environment the gun violence, the drugs, and the murders that happen all this was around me as i was growing up. As much as i hate to say it it's apart of me i’ve grown to love it. I wanna be the one who can change this, give kids like me hope that it doesn't  matter where you come from all you gotta have is dreams and they can be accomplished in any environment.


I'm writing this essay to tell you my story, the truth. Its crazy how people try to make sacramento seem like a perfect place, don't get me wrong it's not a horrible place but it's also nowhere near perfect. The daily suffering is not recognized instead they block all that out, i mean if i was the mayor or head of sacramento i wouldn't show the hardships either why would i if im making bank off tourist and travellers. Sacramento is a somewhat a great place to visit but take my advice don't come to my hood if your not ready for what comes with it.


The author's comments:

What im talking about in my essay is my story, my expirence with sacramentto the untold truth.