Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo | Teen Ink

Chicken Fettuccine Alfredo

The Saturday before Christmas, my family and I drove to my uncle’s house for a family dinner. Snow covered the grass. As my mom, brothers, and I made our way through the subdiviton, my eyes light up by my aunt’s Christmas lights.

We walked into the warm, heated house. The smell of my aunt Miranda's fettuccine chicken alfredo with broccoli filled the air.  I followed the smell into the kitchen. I am greeted by my cousin Hailey and my uncle Steve, but I could focus on was the fettuccine chicken alfredo on the stove.

“So got any plans for college?” my uncle questioned.

I was snapped out of my thoughts to answer. “Not really.” I couldn't focus over the sound of my stomach.

It's time to start eating. We all gather up in the dining room around the rectangular, dark wood table with the food spread out on top of the surface. It's the only thing I want out of this other food. The rest of my family digs in as I wait patiently for the alfredo to come around.

Finally,  I couldn't be happier as i pile it on my plate. Lost noodles fall on the table as a start filling my mouth with the pasta. I feel like i'm floating through heaven as I close my eyes in satisfaction.