Writer's Block | Teen Ink

Writer's Block

By ramblingwriter_7 GOLD, Dublin, Ohio
ramblingwriter_7 GOLD, Dublin, Ohio

"I've realized now that our world doesn't define us, we define our world."

Blank, Blank, Blank. Stupid writer’s block. I tell my mom I’m on the computer to write something; if anything. Half a lie, half not. I try to write, but all that comes out are random letters, or, even worse, nothing. I come up with great ideas, but then somehow turns into the story people pass by or don’t even look at. Why can’t I write something that sticks?

Random letters. Sticks. Sticks like, the wood? Or sticks like the glue? My mind is filled with things no one can imagine. If only the letters would stick together like glue. To create something people would really like to read. Whenever I ask people for prompts or starters, they say “Write about someone with writer’s block, like you.” But, writer’s block is nothing. It’s blank. It’s like a disease or cancer. It’s hard for it to leave you. Sometimes, I wonder if it will ever leave.

I just need an idea to get me started. So I can blast off.

Sometimes we just need something to get us started, and when we get an idea, we take off.

ramblingwriter_7 GOLD, Dublin, Ohio

I feel like I should do that more. Thanks for the comment!

Sparaxis GOLD said...
Sparaxis GOLD, Saint Marys, Georgia

"If you keep on picking on me, I'll mess up again. This time, on PURPOSE."

I've heard of writing all the random thoughts you end up having on a piece of paper (and throwing it out if it doesn't give you any ideas) to get rid of all that mental clutter.