Falling in the Water | Teen Ink

Falling in the Water

It was a warm sunny day in the woods. Very humid!  The sun was glistening through the trees, birds were chirping.  It was a beautiful day! My dog Lucy was running through the woods like a graceful horse.  We were planning on going swimming later but apparently I already did…

SPLASH!!  My friend Amiah had ‘accidentally’ tripped me while running through a creek we came across while walking through the woods`. I was in all dry clothes, and next thing i know i'm in a creek...! ALL WET `

`,
“OH MY GOSH” Amiah screams. “ARE YOU OK?” she adds.

“DOES IT LOOK LIKE I'M OK?” I asked.

“No…” She had a sad look on her face.

“Exactly. Now can you help me out of this water? It's freezing!” I asked. And instead of getting out, I dragged her in with me! She was a little mad because she was in dry clothes too and because it was cold.

“OMG THIS IS FREEZING!!” She screamed while getting out quickly.
“Yeah, I told you! Okay now can you can you help me out?”

“No way! Not taking any chances!” We both laughed. I was still sitting in the water because I was used to it. But Amiah was out of it far away from me whining to go back because she was cold.

“Can we go now?” she asked me

“No.”

“Why not? I'm freezing!”

“I know you are.” I say while getting out of the water. We start to walk back while Amiah is shivering and walking very slowly.

This taught me and Amiah to never go into the woods together again!