Sunshine After the Rain | Teen Ink

Sunshine After the Rain

By Aarya1 SILVER, New Delhi, Other
Aarya1 SILVER, New Delhi, Other

Hurt me with the truth but never comfort me with a lie

“Anyone who thinks sunshine is pure happiness has never danced in the rain”.

I truly believe in this statement and think that rains are sheer pleasure. Frankly, video games do not give me the bliss that I get from dancing in the rain.  According to me, after a spell of rain, the sky looks as if it has just come back from the laundry.

I also love the fragrance of the wet ground on a rainy day. People start running around looking for cover, or opening their umbrellas, as soon as the rain lashed down with all its might. But I walk into it, capturing the beauty in every moment.

It was one such rainy day when a strange incident occured. I was sitting in the balcony of my first floor apartment, sipping on hot coffee and reading Tokyo Cancelled, when a fierce downpour started. I was pretty surprised because the sky had been clear. I picked up my book and cup and dashed inside. As I turned, my eye spotted something suspicious on the ground floor. It appeared to be a car key.

I left my things at home and, much to my mother's displeasure, ran downstairs. Sure enough! It was the key to a Honda car, lying unclaimed.  Thanks to the rain, I could not spot a soul.

I started ringing doorbells, but no one seemed to know who the key belonged to. It was then that I saw someone running towards me, waving his hands for all he was worth. He said the key belonged to him.

As I returned it to him, he was very apologetic and told me how he detested the rain. Later, keeping up with my tradition, I trudged home lost in my thoughts, making the most of the shower.

I couldn't help but think that maybe if he loved the rain, if he had walked home enjoying the splash, he may have saved himself the hassle of losing the key to his one-week old Honda City.

Even today, I can't help but laugh at him.