Memories of You | Teen Ink

Memories of You

By messyhairandleggings BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina
messyhairandleggings BRONZE, Easley, South Carolina

"We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell" -Oscar Wilde

Memories of ours replay in my mind. I see your calming blue eyes that always make me melt. I hear your laugh and remember your smile. I smell that smell that seems to remind me of you, the smell of cigarettes and cologne. I recall the conversations we’ve had and the inside jokes we share. I remember that feeling of safety and security I always had when we spent time together. I hear our song playing in the back of my mind as the inside of me dies. I can still feel the warmth of your arms and the softness of your skin. I remember laughing about all the stupid things we talked about. I still feel the coldness of your lips on mine and the smooth movement of your teeth on my ear. I still remember that feeling of happiness that I always got, and still get, when I see you. I hear the steady sound of your breathing as you fall asleep beside me. I feel the goose bumps I always got as soon as you touched me. I still remember every sweet thing you said. Like how you think my eyes are beautiful even though I think they are boring and brown. I still think about the day I met you and how everything seemed to fall into place after that. I can still see the adorable pouting face you made every time I wouldn’t kiss you. I remember you always trying to tickle me because you thought it was funny and you loved seeing me smile. I hear our pointless little arguments about who was cuter or sweeter or who loved who more. I still remember that first day you held me and how you couldn’t help but put your arms around me every time after that. I still remember staying up until four in the morning every night talking to you. I still remember every nickname you had for me and every one I had for you. I still remember how horrible it felt when you had to leave after a long day with me. I still remember how you always said my dog was yours and how you always tried to take him home with you. I still remember you being able to change my mood with nothing but a smile. I still remember how you always said you wouldn't let anyone hurt me and how somehow you ended up hurting me more than anyone else ever could. I still remember those three words that used to sound best coming out of your mouth. I still remember everything, but I miss it all even more.