Masterpiece Out My Window | Teen Ink

Masterpiece Out My Window

By LauraFrank SILVER, Providence, Rhode Island
LauraFrank SILVER, Providence, Rhode Island

The sunset was a pink blanket covering the sky, and the streetlight was shining making the pink even brighter. The outline of the houses in the distance slowly faded down the street as a warm smile appeared on my face. A few cars drove down the street bringing the scenery to life as the masterpiece out my window was shining in my room. The room was as dark as the night and showed a few shadows of the furniture that I have had for most of my life. Everything in the room was still and quiet as if time had frozen. The exhaustion inside me was awful as I reached for the light in my room, something that I could do unconsciously from the numerous times I had walked in. While zoning out about to flip the switch, my window caught my eye. The entire scene was alluring and I just stood there gazing at the street as if it was an image only found on postcards. In awe I watched as if it was more than just a view at my window. A weight was taken off my shoulders and there wasn't anything to worry about. Lost in the relaxing scenery, everything had just disappeared. My thoughts stopped, the worries in the back of my mind had faded. I stood there in my own carefree planet staring at the beauty of the world until I finally reached for the light switch. A flick of a switch and the painting vanished. Right back into reality.