The Times of Old | Teen Ink

The Times of Old

By Jake McNamara BRONZE, Scotch Plains, New Jersey
Jake McNamara BRONZE, Scotch Plains, New Jersey

I’d like to go back to the simpler times. Back when I was a young 7 year old boy without too much of a care in the world. Back when my parents were still together and my brothers and I were friends. I want to feel the joy of being one big happy family again. I want to go back to when I could play video games with my brothers and we wouldn’t argue. To go out and play with my friends so carefree. To return to a time so filled with happiness and love. Back when my responsibilities were few and my friends were many.

As I grow up my memories of that time grow fonder and fonder. The more I dwell on the them, the more I want to go back. Even though I know it’s not possible I still hope for a day where it might happen. In which I might be whisked back to the good times. To my carefree childhood, when all I did was play games. It was a fun time… a better time. There’s no way back and I know.

However, even though I can’t go back… I’m glad. I’ve moved on, I’ve changed. I’m a better person because of my experiences. I’m happy with the way my life turned out and I wouldn’t change or repeat anything. No matter how much I want to. I’m proud of the way I turned out and I wouldn’t trade it for the world.

Just the way I like to look back on things.