The Ocean | Teen Ink

The Ocean

November 5, 2014
By Haners456 SILVER, Scappoose, Oregon
Haners456 SILVER, Scappoose, Oregon
7 articles 0 photos 10 comments

Favorite Quote:
"The Fault, dear readers, is not in our stars / but in ourselves." -John Green, Peter Van Houten


The water lies underneath the sun as it sinks into oblivion, and the water slowly changes color. From a light blue to the sub's flaming orange and as the sun slips from this world, the water turns to a mysterious black. Suddenly the wind howls as it transforms the massive body of water from calm to insane. It roars and growls as the gorgeous but scary waves ripple then crash over one another. As the wind blows, the dry sand swirls through the whispy air smacking anyone in the face thats still one the beach to see the Oceans true nature.

A seagull swoops out of nowhere and plays with an almost dead fish flapping its curved wings, calling out to his friends. One by one more and more birds come. Some stay soaring in the night sky, playing with other strange birds. Others look in the treacherous ocean for fish that arent to be seen. The ocean's dramatic rumble matches the seagull's song perfectly.

A damp heap of sand moves and out comes a small head of a tutle hatchling. The frightened turtle tries to escape the heavy pressure of sand, but struggles. Flies and other bugs crawl all around the hatchling; it wishes it were that free. Moments later it's pesky siblings emerge and fight for the cool sensation of water and freedom. Sand sting their eyes but they don't care, all they want is to be free of land. Even though their vision is blurry they can smell the fine salt that's mixed with the water.

Pools of water are scattered everywhere on land. An orange sticky star figure is trapped. A starfish, who can only move underwater, is stuck in a small body of water, surrounded by sand. Small suction cup tentacles move its body but it's not going anywhere. the starfish calls for the ocean and the ocean calls for it. The ocean pushes it's water further inland, saving the star like figure.

At night when the wind howls and the moon sheds some light on the water it seems mysterious. but last night it gave food to seagulls and a temperary home for fish. It calmed its water for the many adorable turtles and wecomed them to their new home. The ocean was there was the starfish was brought to this world and it was there when it wandered inland. But no one sees this because they are all sound asleep. All they see is the ocean lying underneath the sun as it finaly rises from oblivion.