The Thrill | Teen Ink

The Thrill

By Kelsey Fox BRONZE, Spring Arbor, Michigan
Kelsey Fox BRONZE, Spring Arbor, Michigan

Every summer my family and I go to Cedar Point. But, this year was different because my parents told me that I could bring a friend. I was so excited because I would have someone that liked to ride all of the big rides that I loved. I immediately knew that I would take Vanessa, she was my closest friend over the summer and I knew that she loved roller coasters. When I asked her and told her all the details we started to get really excited and couldn’t wait to feel the thrill.
Finally the day had come; we woke up super early wearing our matching outfits and made sure we had everything we needed. Vanessa and I were rushing and trying to push my family out the door, we just couldn’t wait to leave. When my parents started packing the car up even though it was almost 6 in the morning Vanessa and I hardly got any sleep, we were hyper, and over excited.
We were on our way! My mom, Vanessa, and I were in one car, my dad, brother, and grandma in the other car. It took four hours to get there because we missed a few turns and got a little lost. When we finally got to the gates I started to not feel too good from being so excited. We went all around the park so we could find our hotel and get all of our stuff out of the car. We checked in, got our tickets, and Vanessa and I were on our way to the park.
We walked through the ticket booths and got our fast pass wrist bands on while trying to figure out what ride we wanted to go on first. We finally decided and ran to the Raptor with the sound of our sandals slapping on the pavement and smelling the sweet smell of cotton candy and fries. After that we got off the Raptor we just went up and down the park riding whatever we passed. We ended up riding almost everything 5 or 6 times in only one day thanks to the fast passes. We only had a few hours left and our feet were killing us but we just couldn’t stop riding rides.
Finally we had one more hour left and we knew exactly what we wanted to ride last and we saved it for the last ride, the Top Thrill Dragster. Both Vanessa and I have never went on this ride before so we were scared but excited at the same time and had butterflies the whole time we waited in line. When we got up to the gate to get on the ride that’s when my heart started beating faster and faster. The gates opened and Vanessa went first, me second. We buckled up and the people came down the row making sure we were in tight. After they said that everything was good we started to go slowly up to this big light that looks like a traffic light. From red, to yellow, and finally green we blasted off. Screaming at the top of your lungs for about 6 seconds and after you know it the ride is over.
I would say that out of every trip that I have taken Cedar Point is definitely my favorite. It was the highlight of my summer. I can’t wait to go again next year!