The Family Cruise | Teen Ink

The Family Cruise

By VladimirBurnusuz27 BRONZE, Westfield, Massachusetts
VladimirBurnusuz27 BRONZE, Westfield, Massachusetts

When I was in the 7th   grade my family decided to go on a big family vacation and we all wanted to go so as a family we all wanted to go on a cruise. Our family usually doesn’t go on long vacations and this would be a nice change. The Cruise ship left from New York and there were three stops to our destination in the Bahamas one was in Miami Florida the other one was at a small island that the Cruise line owned and then the main stop was Nassau Bahamas. We started with a very long drive to New York; once we got there we dropped our car off at a family friend’s house and from there we took a taxi the rest of the way. When we got on the boat we went and dropped our stuff off in our room and went to the top deck where we sat and looked over the city and the ocean and the air craft carrier. We sat there and waited for the boat to actually move we were going to go right pass the Statue of liberty and I was looking forward to that because we were going to be really close to it and I have only ever seen it from a distance and in pictures. We went pass it. I was a little disappointed because it was already dark and foggy you could see it but not that good. After that we went in the open ocean and from there all the entertainment was on the boat for a least a couple days. There was plenty of stuff my brother and I could do we could play soccer, basketball we went to the gym. When we got to Miami we were only there for a day and we couldn’t really do much because it was foggy and there was no much time to much of anything. After that we were going to a stop that I was waiting for it was a small island that the Cruise line owned. When we got there we all had to go onto these smaller boats that would takes us right up to the island. When we got there we saw that it was packed we needed to find a spot once we did my brother and I went up to a stand were they were renting out snorkeling gear my brother and I got some and headed off. We saw a lot of snorkelers and in one general area so we decided to go over there because there must be something they are looking at. So when we got there we were amazed with all the amazing colors and different kinds of fish it was amazing. My brother was doing that for at least three hour there was so much to see and it was great. After that we had to go back to the main ship were we set sail to the capital city of the Bahamas when we got there the whole boat was disappointed it was rainy. So when we go there we had to find some other stuff to do expect for going to the beach. As we were walking around looking at the scenes we wandered into a aquarium we look at all the nice big fish and at the end we were looking in a shark Tank with a weird tube inside we had no idea what it was at first until we saw a little kid go zipping through it. As soon as I saw I said to my parents I wanted to do it and it was the funniest water slide I have ever gone through. That was one of my favorite vacation I ever had and I will never forget it.