No Ordinary Life Lesson | Teen Ink

No Ordinary Life Lesson

By Eleanore BRONZE, San Clemente, California
Eleanore BRONZE, San Clemente, California

Omg,you did it without me!

Have you ever done something just to make your siblings mad but ended up in serious trouble. Well I did just that one day, and cut my once normal hair just to make my sister mad. It started at my grandparent’s house. Their house was a large mansion that had many rooms filled with antique furniture or souvenirs from all the places my grandparents had traveled. We visited almost every week so I knew every crack in the wall and every little hiding place. That’s how I accomplished hiding from my sister while slicing my hair off.

Emma and I were in my sister Ashley’s room. Ashley lived with my grandparents. Her room was very large and had many Mickie Mouse Hats and other toys from Disneyland all over the shelves and drawers. Walking aimlessly around I saw something shiny on a shelf. I walked over and reached down to find a pair of scissors.
”Put those down” Emma said, as she saw me pick them up.
I wasn’t going to listen to her though, because she always told me what and what not to do. That’s what always made me angry, that she always was in charge of me. This time I was the one who was going to make her mad. I placed them back down and waited for a couple of minutes for her to forget about me before I picked them back up. When she wasn’t looking, I took the scissors and walked out of the room as quietly as possible. I didn’t close the door for fear of making too much noise and ran through the hallway which lead to my grandparent’s room. Before their room it split in two directions. On the left was a staircase and up front was their door. I tip toed down the stairs because I could hear my grandma in her room. This led to a room that had three exits: outside, my grandpa’s private office, and the huge extra living room that was unoccupied by anyone at the moment. I entered the living room and sat down. I began shredding my hair to pieces because it seemed the best object at the moment. Looking back I wish I had cut my clothes instead.  I tried to cut it like a professional. The finishing result looked like I had just caught on fire and burned a ton of it off.
Next I wandered through the medium sized kitchen while still slicing my hair off when I heard Emma running through the huge house while calling my name. I knew I had done something terrible and I knew I was in huge trouble. I sprinted, scissors still in hand, as fast as I could up the other staircase, through the other living room with a huge television in it, and back to Ashley’s room to put the scissors back. Emma came in a second later along with my grandma and my dad, who had just arrived. Apparently she had seen my hair on the floor in the living room and told them she had lost me. All of them were relieved to see me unhurt but horrified at the sight of my hair. They assumed I was too young to know how to cut my own hair so they accused Emma (and so did I). Boy, did she get in so much trouble, but I also suffered. After that my hair was ruined for several years and never looked right. Never ever do something you know is wrong just to be rebellious, because in the end, I wasn’t the only one suffering the consequences (Sorry, Emma).

I hope people who have sisters like mine or any at all will understand how I felt.