Forever & Always | Teen Ink

Forever & Always

Having a best friend helps when you’re feeling down and it just makes you feel like you have someone there for you. When I first met my best friend she was a cousin to me because my mom and her uncle were dating/together. At first I thought she was going to be a brat and rude, but once I got to know her she was cool to be around. My best friend’s name is Yarielee Santiago she has dark brown eyes, black curly hair, and a gap that she says she won’t be herself without. Her laugh is so funny that it makes me laugh sometimes, when I just look at her we start laughing. I realized she was my best friend in 8th grade because she was the only one who had my back. My best friend defends me like one day I was arguing with my relative and Yarie was on my side. She is a loyal friend. I always felt like she was my biological sister and that my real sisters weren’t. We have some stuff in common; we are both Puerto Rican and she has 3 other siblings like me. Also when people judge us we don’t really care because we only care about what or opinions are. We always say how we feel like we don’t really care what people think. But we also have differences like; she is sporty and I’m more girly, she is short and I’m tall. Our differences bring us together. Yarie once said “she was going to move into my house”. I wondered why she would want to live in my house. My house is boring why she would leave her house for mine. Then I thought she probably hates her house just like I hate mine. My mom said she will think about it but she isn’t sure.  We looked up how she can move in like whose permission we need and we still to this day don’t have a clue. I would love it if she moved in because then I don’t have to text her I could just say it then and there. But at the same time it would be horrible because she will get so obnoxious. I love my best friend so much she is the only person I can be myself around. I could never replace her. I don’t know what I would do without her.